Monday, June 15, 2009

Procrastination Packing

I am extremely organized.  I do things way before the deadline. And I make lists.  I have lists for just about everything.  Homework lists.  To do lists. Lists of things to get done during the day where things from the to-do lists get put onto. A bit obsessive compulsive?  Maybe.  But I just really like order and it’s awesome when you can check things off and feel like you’ve done alot with a day.

Anyone that knows me—knows the above about me.  What they probably don’t know is that I am the complete, total, 180 degree opposite of this when it comes to my bedroom. And packing.

For starters, my room is usually messy.  And it stays that way until I either get so sick of the mess that I decide I simply CAN’T be in it anymore, or until something makes me clean it: like needing to find clothes to bring to Ireland. 

When it comes to packing, something in my body just can’t make me do it in a timely fashion.  For example: My family goes to Pennsylvania twice a year, once at Christmas and once in the summer to visit my mom and dad’s extended families.  We usually try to leave around 5 in the morning and drive the 10 hour trip.  If we leave at 5, that means I start packing at about 1 in the morning.  A mere 4 hours before we leave.  And without a doubt, I’m always ready to go.  That also means that while my brothers spend their last nights trying to pack, I spend it with my friends and pack anyway.

I decided that since I’m going to Dublin for 8 weeks instead of Pennsylvania for 1 week I should extend that 4 hour packing deadline…..to 48 hours.  I am leaving for the Chicago O’hare airport on Wednesday morning at 10 AM.  So my packing officially begins now.  I’ll probably start with a few lists of haves, to packs, NEED to remember, and to still buy.  But I think the first order of business is to clean my room so I can actually find the clothes I want to bring.

Actually, maybe I’ll eat breakfast FIRST.  A little more procrastination won’t hurt, right?

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment